Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Defeat: the Vicious Cycle

Alright, I am not proud to announce but this but I have to do it to get it off my chest and move on: I failed a basic pharmaceutical calculations quiz that required nothing beyond basic algebraic knowledge! There you have it! Isn't that stupid? I ended up having to retake it today and I don't think I made the 90% to pass it. Well, that means I will be taking it again next year to get rid of my incomplete grade in the class!
I never thought that I could be defeated in such an easy task!!! After all, math was my favorite subject in school and I aced all the math classes....oh, way back in yesteryears....What has gotten into my brain? Ever since I started pharmacy school, I feel like a bug has entered my brain, slowly eating away all my mathematical and scientific skills...I am slowly drowning into a sea of confusion with the information overload. I wish I will find a debugging method before the problem becomes more serious. What a disaster!
Could this problem have been resulted from a vicious cycle of defeat and negative thinking that further worsened it? I know I need to think positively to become more productive, but I find it hard to be the master of my mind lately. I even had bad dreams about the quiz last night! I seriously need to take control and gear my mind into the right direction!

No comments: