Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hail

Yesterday morning, when I opened the door just less than 10 minutes before the physiology lecture, my first class of the day, I could hear the thunderous sound of the rain and see it pouring down heavily. I hesitated for a few seconds, thinking to myself: "Should I wait for the rain to die down before leaving the house?" With a lot of courage and the determination to be on time, I decided to brave the rain with my little bright blue umbrella.

Just as I walked down the steps, I saw droplets of pearls falling from the sky and immediately felt extremely lucky to be in the right place at the right time. This was only the third time in my WHOLE LIFE that I have seen hail! I took in every moment of it as I walked up the 45-degree incline of 3rd Avenue, while minding every step in fear of letting those tiny balls of ice roll me down the slippery slope. The sound of those heavenly gems hitting my umbrella and the sight of the green field covered with white balls of ice definitely were the highlights of my day! Ah, how Mother Nature has the power to bring joy through small wonders.

No comments: