Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer Pharmacy Internship-Day 3

Today was another easy day at the pharmacy with many of opportunities to counsel. I felt so inadequate during counseling, but thankfully, my sister was available to help with the things I didn't know. I also had a chance to look up some information before talking to patients because it was not very busy and we were over-staffed. I learned about another medicine the OBGYN uses to stop contraction, nifedipine. Nifedipine is normally used for chest pain but it's interesting how it can be used to help prevent premature birth. I can't wait to learn more about the different classes of prescription drugs over the next three years in pharmacy school.

My other duties at the pharmacy today included creating a promotional letter and coupon for my sister and brother-in-law's newly acquired pharmacy, typing prescriptions, helping a senior call for her ride (multiple times and over an hour before they actually came to pick her up), ringing up purchases and answering the phone. Since business was slow and there were enough staff members at the pharmacy, I decided to take off early to go for a jog. The jog through LA fog was depressing but I was glad to get some much needed exercise.

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!