Sunday, October 7, 2007

Blue Angels

Every weekend, something exciting always take me away from my books, which I really need to be glued to b/c of upcoming exams (two next week!). However, I always managed to sneak out for a little fun. I just can't resist the exciting sights and sounds of different neighborhoods in SF. After volunteering at the Chinatown Health Fair, I headed to Fisherman's Wharf to watch the Blue Angels in flight for about half an hour. The city was flooded with people excited about the naval pilots' aerobatic tricks.
It was amazing seeing these planes zoomed pass and rumbled close to you, but I totally think tax-payers' money can be better spent on areas that might improve human kind. I wonder how much money the government spends every year in training these pilots specifically to do tricks in the air with their expensive planes while polluting the environment with noise and carbon dioxide! Wouldn't the money better be allocated to improve human health, decrease world poverty, or close the gap in the quality of education between the rich and the poor?

No comments: