Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer Pharmacy Internship-Week 4

This week just flew right by without any time for me to learn new things, as far as medications and counseling go. Our pharmacy was short-staffed b/c one of my coworkers was sent to another pharmacy to help trouble shoot and train their employees to use our computer system. Another one was taking two days off to study for exams. Our morning deliverer also stayed home for one day, so I had to fill in for him. In the midst of all these chaos, I had to screen potential employees on the phone, interview them and hopefully be able to find a new deliverer by the end of next week. It was really stressful being pulled from different directions all at once.

Despite all these craziness, I improved on one important aspect of my communication skills: cutting off excessive talkers! One of my weaknesses have always been letting others take control of the conversation, even when I was in the position to take control and really bored by what they had to say. I was afraid that I would hurt their feelings by changing the topics. Being as busy as I was this past week at the pharmacy, I had to be efficient with my time and practiced taking control of the conversation when someone started to talk too much during the interviews.

I'm glad this week was over and I will have a chance to see the Body Worlds 3 Exhibit tomorrow at the California Science Center. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!